The Breakout Box232M is a 232-channel failure simulation box. TheBreakout Box232Mis even more universal then the smaller models. This box has been designed in order to be able to simulate faults in automotive electronic motor management systems for petrol or diesel engines. With this system, signals of a running engine can be measured or disconnected from the engine computer. Each channel is modified with an integrated fuse for safety. The box is placed in serial connection with the system, so each signal must pass through the Failure Simulation Box. Threeintegrated red LED’S can be connected to all signals like fuel injectors, relays, ignition etc.
Three turn potentiometers of 10K, 50K and 100KOhm have been integrated to simulate: the resistance and the bad connection of wires or terminals of engine electronics. An adapter cable is needed to connect box to engine. The big advantage of this tool is that you can now use one adaptercable for every vehicle that uses the same type or layout of connector !
- Each channel (232) is fitted with a 5 Amp fuse
- Each channel has a switch to simulate faults or to disconnect the engine ECU pins
- Signals can be measured from the engine ECU or the wiring harness of the system
- 3 red LED's are included in the frontplate
- 3 x 10 turn potentiometers are included with 10K-50K-100Kohm for simulating the resistance
- No power supply from outside is necessary
- Dimension are 65x51x24,5cm
- Weight 23kg
- Integrated in a black portable case
- Anodized front plate for electric isolation
- Jumper conenctor to shortcut the adaptercable when Box is removed.
- Motor management system can be “entered” without damaging ECU connector or wires
- Universal system: applicable on all cars of any make and on any motor management system
- Possibility to simulate failures for e.g. training purposes without damaging systems
- Applicable on cars and running engines